· PhD : Plant Molecular Biology, U. of Wales, Abberystwyth, UK. 1995
· MS: Genetics and Plant Breeding, Bangladesh Agricultural University, 1986.
· BS: Agricultural Sciences, Bangladesh Agricultural University, 1984.
· 1/2005-to date Assistant Professor of Biology, Mayville State University,Mayville, ND.
· 9/03-1/05 Senior Research Scientist, Dept. of Plant Sciences, NDSU, ND
· 5/00-9/03 Postdoctoral Scientist, Depart. of Plant Sciences, NDSU, ND
· 11/97-3/00 Postdoctoral Scientist, Chiba University, Matsudo, Japan
· 7/95-01/97 Assistant Professor, BBSMRAU, Bangladesh
· 11/86 - 7/95 Scientific Officer, Bangladesh Rice Research Institute, Bangladesh.
Research & Grants
· At MASU, I have three different research projects. The first project consists on using parental lines of seven common bean breeding populations segregating for different disease resistance traits. We are developing PCR based molecular markers that will be useful for mapping disease resistance traits and marker assisted selection. This project is supported by the USDA-NRI Plant Genome Program for two years.
· The second project is about developing materials for breeding for high iron and zinc content in common bean. In this project we are working on 21 US common bean genotypes and 10 Andean genotypes with very high content of iron and zinc, collected from International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT). This project is funded by ND-INBRE (NIH) for two years.
· The third project is on developing germplasm for breeding for high oleic and palmitic acid content soybean cultivar required for quality jet fuel. For all above mentioned projects, we are currently evaluating our lines in the greenhouse and we are in the process of acquiring land for field evaluations/trials
· 2000: Japan Science and Technology Award for Postdoctoral Research, NIAR, Tsukuba
· 1997: Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences (JSPS) Award for Postdoc Research, Japan.
· 1991: Commonwealth Award for Doctoral Research, Aberyswyth, UK.
· 1989: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) award, Tsukuba, Japan.