The mission of Mayville State University is to educate and guide students, as individuals, so that they may realize their full career potential and enhance their lives. We do this in an environment that reflects our tradition of personal service, commitment to innovative technology-enriched education, and dynamic learning relationships with community, employers and society.
As a member of the North Dakota University System, Mayville State University offers undergraduate degrees.
To be known for continuing academic excellence in a cooperative, enjoyable learning environment that anticipates and responds to individual needs.
• Collaborative relationships with schools, employers and communities that contribute to the economic growth and social vitality of North Dakota
• Effective support for appropriate applications of information technologies to instruction and administration
• Academic programs and services that address real-world career and North Dakota workforce opportunities. Innovative, flexible delivery of instruction that meets the needs of the individual
• Enrollment and revenue development through retention, recruiting and new opportunities
• Assessment and improvement of student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness