Online Scholarship Application
Academic scholarships for current on-campus students are offered and awarded by the Enrollment Services Office and are of the following types:
1. Honor, Leader and Non-Resident Merit Scholarships - These scholarships are for new freshmen and transfers and will be awarded based on a review of students’ previous academic performance. Students do not need to submit an application for these academic awards but must submit their ACT/SAT results and their high school and/or college transcripts to be considered. Honor and Leadership scholarships are generally awarded to students from North Dakota and Minnesota and vary from $400 to $2,500. Non-Resident Merit Scholarships are awarded to students from other states and provinces and will vary from $546 to $2,187 for 2011-12 depending upon the student’s state of residence and previous academic performance.
North Dakota and Minnesota Residents
WUE and Other Non-Resident
2. Endowed Foundation Scholarships - Scholarships designated for specific academic divisions are selected by that designated division. Scholarship applications received by the February 15 deadline are sent to division chairs for their review and determination. Other scholarship recommendations are made by the Financial Aid Committee. A listing of all current MSU Foundation scholarships can be found here: Browse all Scholarships.
3. Nelson Family endowed Scholarship - The Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship is a new scholarship opportunity that is meant to help non-traditional students achieve their goals. The assistance is especially geared toward those individuals who may be changing their paths in life or those pursuing changes in careers. A special emphasis of the scholarship is to promote the concept of volunteerism, leadership, development, and out-of-classroom experiences for the scholarship recipients. Click here for more information or to apply for the Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship.
4. Renewals of Diversity Waivers - These require that the student apply each year by completing an application available from the Student Services Office in Main Building 107 or here: Cultural Diversity Waiver form Students must have maintained a cumulative institutional grade point average of at least 2.00 to be considered for a renewal. Recipients of Diversity Waivers may be required to reside in campus housing.
5. Renewals of International Student Waivers - These require that the student apply each year by completing an application available from the Student Services Office in Main Building 107. Students must have maintained a cumulative institutional grade point average of at least 2.50 to be considered for a renewal. Recipients of International Student Waivers must also reside in campus housing during the terms that they receive a waiver. Fill out the International Student Waiver form.
6. Renewals of Non-resident Student Tuition Waivers - These do not require a new application, but the student must meet specific academic performance standards. Students who are residents of any state, other than North Dakota or Minnesota, will be eligible for Non Resident Tuition Waivers. Students who attain an institutional grade point average of 2.0 - 2.99 after the spring term will be considered for a half-waiver, while those students with a 3.00 - 4.00 GPA will be considered for a full waiver.
7. Participation Scholarships - Scholarships are also available for music and theater and are awarded based on participation in those respective extracurricular activities.
8. Other Scholarships - Scholarships from external groups are also available and students are encouraged to apply. Information is provided via e-mail as these scholarship opportunities become available.
9. Dollars for Scholars - Dollars for Scholars awards are frequently awarded from students' local communities and students should contact their local high school. Mayville State may match the Dollars for Scholars award received during the student's initial year of enrollment by awarding a renewal scholarship for up to $250 for his or her second year of enrollment.
10. Dual Credit Scholarship - This is a unique scholarship program that is only available to those students enrolled in Dual Credit high school courses offered through Mayville State. Dual Credit Factsheet