The technology fee at Mayville State University is $495.00 per semester for all full-time students. The fee for part-time students is prorated on a per credit hour basis. All full-time students are issued a Tablet PC for the semester and part-time students check out a computer at the Help Desk as needed. Part-time students may choose to pay an optional fee and be issued a Tablet PC for the semester. Distance students do not pay for use of a Tablet PC but do pay a distance delivery fee to cover the cost of technology.
What does the fee cover?
· 43% Tablet PC lease
· 39% Help desk staff and services
· 8 % Campus infrastructure
· 6 % Software licenses
· 4 % NDUS technology fee
What is included in the Tablet PC lease?
MSU’s Tablet PC initiative provides full time use of a Tablet PC to all full time registered students. The largest percentage of the technology fee is for the lease which covers the cost of the computer, the instant replacement policy, onsite repair/maintenance, and Tablet PC warranty. All students are encouraged to insure their MSU issued computer against damage and/or loss.
What staff and services does the Help Desk provide?
· MSU Help Desk director & part-time staff
· Hours are 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 7:30 am to 4:00 pm on Friday
· Hardware and software technical support
· Authorized repair center for Tablet PCs
· Tablet PC inventory and check-out
· Multimedia equipment maintenance and check-out
· Network database maintenance
· Printer maintenance and supplies
What is campus infrastructure?
MSU is constantly improving the campus infrastructure to further enhance the educational learning experience for students. The campus infrastructure includes: the local area network, the campus computer backbone, servers, networked printers, Internet access (wired & wireless), and classroom connectivity and presentation tools. The technology fee is used to help defray the costs of these on-going technology updates.
What software is included?
· Email Clients MS Outlook
· Network Clients Microsoft
· Application Suite MS Office 2010
· Anti-Virus MS Forefront
· Desktop Environment Windows 7
· Learning Management System Moodle