In order to be considered for admission, freshmen applicants must meet the following requirements:
• A 2.0 cumulative high school grade point average or higher. Freshmen applicants with less than a “C” or 2.00 grade point average may be accepted on academic probation. An admissions decision will be made with a sixth or seventh high school semester whenever possible with the understanding that a final academic transcript will be submitted upon graduation.
• Have taken the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is required of students 24 years of age or younger. While Mayville State does not require a minimum ACT or SAT score for admission, you must provide official test results.
• As of 1993 all incoming freshmen are required to meet specific subject or core curriculum requirements. The North Dakota University System College Preparatory Core Requirements include the following:
• 4 units of English;
• 3 units of Mathematics, Algebra I and above;
• 3 units of Laboratory Science, at least 1 unit each in 2 or more of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or
Physical Science; and,
• 3 units of Social Studies, excl. Consumer Education, Cooperative Marketing, Orientation to Social Science,
Graduates of high schools in other states will be admitted upon meeting these same requirements. A limited number of students who have not had the required high school courses may be admitted. Contact the Office of Admissions for further information.
A complete admissions file includes:
• An official high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED. Ask your high school to mail an official transcript. If you completed your GED exam, have the official results sent to MSU.
• A completed university immunization form. For anyone born after 1956, proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella must be supplied by official documents.
• Effective fall of 2012, all newly admitted students ages 21 and younger who are residing in campus housing must provide documentation that they received the meningococcal disease (Meningitis) vaccination.
• Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is required of students 24 years of age or younger.
• If you have received credit(s) from another college/university, ask them to mail to MSU an official and complete transcript, showing courses attempted and grades earned.
• A completed Mayville State University Application for Admission (Click here to Apply Now)
• A non-refundable, one-time $35 application fee. No admissions decision will be made until the application fee is received.
New Comet Checklist